Business Development Manager
LOCATION: Fort Mitchell, Kentucky
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
For over 100 years owners and developers of medical, distribution, manufacturing, office and retail properties throughout the region have come to know and trust Paul Hemmer Company (“Hemmer”) as a provider of complete, single-source design and construction services. Hemmer also provides building care and maintenance services and engages in select real estate development opportunities.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
The Business Development Manager (BDM) position requires a person who is highly motivated with the ability to communicate tactfully and influence customers and colleagues at all levels. This position is responsible for actively seeking and securing new business opportunities and maintain positive relationships with existing clients and follows up appropriately to ensure all project expectations are met. Also, develop and distribute materials related to sales and marketing. The Business Development Manager is essential to continued company growth and profitability.
- Base Salary
- Project Commissions
- Annual Bonus Program
- 401-K Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability Insurance
- 3 Weeks of Vacation + 1 Week of Personal Time per year
- Vehicle Allowance
- Company Laptop and Weekly Cell Phone Stipend
The Business Development Manager reports to the Sr. Business Development Manager and has no direct reports.
More specifically, the Business Development Manager will:
- Maintain and expand relationships with current and future clients, and engage in industry, business and community organizations.
- Consult with potential customers to understand their needs.
- Identify and analyze customer preferences to properly direct sales efforts.
- Create and deliver sales presentations to customers, outlining the capabilities of the company.
- Design and implement a strategic business plan to acquire new customers and recognize sales opportunities with existing customers.
- Develop new sales and marketing strategies and participate in new and ongoing social media campaigns.
- Participate in sales forecasting and use industry and customer knowledge to identify areas of potential growth.
- Utilize the CRM (Salesforce and Procore) system to maintain records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, orders, support issues, comments, action requests and follow up activities.
- Work efficiently and effectively with internal project team not limited to but including additional Business Development Team Members, Project Engineers, Project Managers, Preconstruction/Estimators and Superintendents.
- Demonstrate leadership and communication skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, direct others, and effectively address conflict.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- Construction/Real Estate background a plus but not required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with proven track record of success in sales
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Comfortable being a team player or leader depending on the situation