Marketing Assistant/Mutimedia Specialist Co-Op
Job Title Definition:
The Paul Hemmer Company is currently seeking a Marketing Assistant/Mutimedia Specialist Co-Op for the Summer 2023 (mid May – mid July) term. The individual will play an important role in the development of the organization’s visual identity. You will work on developing and executing engaging materials for our website, social media channels, newsletters, and print. Start and end dates are flexible, as are working hours throughout the week.
- Provide support in developing and executing engaging materials for our website, social media channels, newsletters and print.
- Taking, editing, and uploading photo material for the website and social media channels.
- Producing audio and video material for the website and social media channels (pre-production, recording, editing, distribution).
- Designing posters/flyers and other promotion material.
- Creating infographics/prezi presentations for promotional, business development, and administrative needs
- General (web) administration tasks.
- Provide support for various projects related to multimedia technologies development.
- Provide support for various projects related to collateral development.
- May enhance and maintain websites, including development of new functionality, content updates, style and layout, and accessibility.
- Assist in other marketing activities as assigned by Marketing Director.
- Actively enrolled in accredited post-secondary program in background in communication, marketing, public relations, journalism, or related field.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with mainstream social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Tech and Internet savvy.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Suite (particularly Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator).
- Strong photo, video, and audio editing skills.
- Knowledge of design for web using using WordPress
- Demonstrated creativity.
- Serious attention to detail.
- Has a go-getter attitude with a knack for creative problem solving.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
- Applicants must commit to work for at least 3 consecutive months.
- Applicants must be available to work at least 20 hours per week during weekdays between 8:00am and 5:00pm.
- Willing to work outdoors and on construction job sites to gather video and photo content.
How to apply
- Send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your resume/CV with the names and contact information of two references.
- A cover letter, including the desired period of your internship and a description of your media skills/interests and previous experience related to the area of your choice.