POSITION TITLE: Development Manager/Director, Roebling Development Company
LOCATION: Fort Mitchell, Kentucky
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Since 1921, Paul Hemmer Company has provided quality construction services to our customers. Our success with our customers is based on our core values and unique skills. Over the years we have expanded our market regionally and added complementary real estate development, Roebling Development Company (RDC).
Backed by 100 years of construction experience, Roebling Development was formed in 2020 to accelerate the growth and capabilities of real estate development within Paul Hemmer Company. Roebling is an innovative real estate developer with a deep understanding of the whole development process from land acquisition through project completion.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
The primary function of the Development Manager is to advance & manage the design, entitlements, permitting and construction phases, and deliver commercial real estate projects on behalf of RDC. This position will oversee all processes related to conceptual design, budgeting, predevelopment, development approvals and construction contracts. Additionally, this role will act as the owner’s liaison throughout the construction and tenant finish phases.
The Development Manager will be involved in development strategy, land acquisition, underwriting, entitlements, land use planning, architectural and design decisions, construction, financing, marketing strategy, leasing and all other aspects of development as is necessary to deliver projects on schedule and within approved budget.
The Development Manager reports to the President of Roebling Development Company.
More specifically, the Development Manager will:
- Attend and participate in all predevelopment and development meetings (internal and external), potential site tours, site plan design, architectural and design, zoning, permitting, progress meetings with investors.
- Ensure development of systems/processes/procedures to include correspondence, agreements, contracts, lien releases, insurance and compliance certificates, inspection approvals, etc.
- Coordinate preliminary site plan and building concepts.
- Provide cost estimates for financial analysis, corporate predevelopment, and development approvals.
- Coordinate all due diligence and predevelopment requirements.
- Prepare due diligence timeline.
- Negotiate and prepare construction contracts.
- Coordinate monthly construction reports.
- Provide accurate and timely cost control platforms from predevelopment pricing through construction turnover and completion of tenant finish.
- Support all legal and financial reporting requirements as requested by PHC.
- Support the business development of all PHC business units.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Business, Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field highly desirable.
- 7+ years’ experience, Construction Project Management, Land Development, Development Management or related field.
- Land acquisition experience is a plus.
- Attention to detail and deadline driven.
- Proactive and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to communicate well (orally and in writing) and willingness to volunteer an informed point of view.
- Strong creative and critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency.